We see your potential, and we can help you find an employer that does too. Get matched to a job that maximizes your skill set and aligns with your personal goals without the hassle of sifting through thousands of postings, let us help you make your job search easy, by applying your resume or at your desired job below.
Location: Newark, NJ
Our client, a skincare product manufacturer, is seeking an Experienced Chemist.
The candidate's responsibilities will be to conduct chemical and physical laboratory testing on finished products, prototype formulas, and cosmetic raw materials for such purposes as product and process development, product stability, quantitative and qualitative performance analysis.
The Chemist will perform a variety of laboratory tests on materials and finished products to determine chemical and physical properties, as well as initiate the development process of new products. The ideal candidate will also evaluate the stability of formulations and packaging. This individual must be a self-starter and team player and must be able to work well with little supervision.
- Formulating new products, from development to commercialization, within defined company, industry, and regulatory parameters
- Developing formula specifications, preparing product registration documents, and establishing guidelines and criteria for acceptance and testing of chemical raw materials in finished blends
- Creating Project Timelines in accordance with Marketing priorities, setting milestones/critical path, and ensuring on-time project completion
- Performing various internal testing including lifecycle, stability, etc., and coordinating with external labs where needed
- Operating within the company’s Quality Management System. Communicating effectively and consistently in writing and verbally with all levels of staff
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to facilitate NPD, sustaining, cost reduction, and quality efforts
- Evaluating and developing new technologies related to Personal Care hand Hygiene/ cosmetic and OTC products
- Preparing necessary documents for manufacturing feasibility and evaluating technology brought from third parties
- Conducting patent searches to determine freedom to operate with a new formulation
- Creating and/or reviewing and approving technical documents to support developmental projects (i.e. ingredient statements, manufacturing formula card, cost formulas)
- 5-7 years technical experience in personal care/ cosmetic product development
- Experience with stability testing methods
- Proven problem-solving skills and track record of successful technical accomplishments
- Strong understanding of things related to the Personal Care/Hand Hygiene – Cosmetic/OTC industry
- Good understanding and knowledge of FDA, EPA, DOT, Hazmat, and other regulatory agency requirements
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, using good judgment
- Proven experience in company product formulations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficiency in Office applications
- Strong written, spoken, and presentation skills.