Reaching your career goals starts here.
Back to all job lists
Back to all job lists
Location: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Our client, a manufacturing company, is seeking a reliable and skilled Production Manager to oversee their production and shipping operations and take responsibility for planning, scheduling, and monitoring the production activities in the organization.
The ideal candidate must have experience managing both production and shipping operations, be able to ensure that production runs smoothly, maximize productivity, identify areas of improvement and plan effective solutions.
- Oversee proper adherence to and fulfillment of all tasks defined within, but not limited to, GMPs, SQF Preventative Measures and Prerequisite Programs, HACCP Plan, Work Instructions, and Policies critical to the effective implementation of the Product Safety Management System
- Ensures the day-to-day management of the plant's people and resources, as well as coordinating activities with the production planner, to ensure cost-effective and efficient production
- Planning for productivity ensures quality programs are well supported throughout the facility.
- Prepare for and survey the maintenance of the shop, including machine repair and cleaning, and develop and enforce standard procedures
- Responsible for developing and meeting company timelines as well as working within the funds allotted to the project. When applicable can set the capital expenditure himself, however, must seek prior approval when going beyond such said funds
- Oversee plant policies and ensure 100% oversight when departments are involved prior to their implementation, plant policies are being developed
- Collaborate with plant managers and other department heads to recommend all process operational improvements
- 3+ years of solid experience as a Production Manager or similar role
- Strong understanding of production processes and procedures, as well as the ability to coordinate with other departments to make sure the production process is effective
- Ability to lead for continuous improvement throughout the plant, can adept at leading a team in order to achieve objectives, and able to delegate effectively
- Excellent ability to quickly process and organize information, outstanding attention to detail skills, and adept at file management
- Capacity to plan, organize and prioritize activities to achieve company's overall goals and objectives
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of diverse operations in a large manufacturing company and ability to independently resolve complex problems
- Excellent command of English for both verbal and written communication in order to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of external and/or internal partners
- Strong technical and computer skills are required to efficiently research potential suppliers and input important information into the company software system