Reaching your career goals starts here.
Our approach to recruitment puts you first. We focus on connecting you with employment opportunities that will maximize your skill set and align with your personal and professional goals. Whether you are an experienced professional or seeking to advance your skills and career experience.
Let’s start the next step of your career journey together. You can submit your resume or apply directly at your desired job below.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Our client, a construction service-based company, is seeking an experienced Financial Controller.
The financial controller's role is to provide management of the accounting department functions, assist with day-to-day, monthly, and yearly close, forecasting/reporting of accounting activities to streamline and accelerate completion of key tasks.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of data
- Responsible for month-end financial statements
- Maintaining treasury management for the Company and the underlying properties
- Responsible for the timely recording and processing of AP, AR, and payroll
- Overseeing the annual budget process and monthly forecasting process
- Responsible for the dashboard and statistical reporting
- Implementation of processes to record transactions by the department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Implementing, documenting, and maintaining adequate and effective internal controls, and processes for reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for coordinating outside CPA and financial firms
- 3 years of experience as a controller or similar position 3-5 years.
- Task and goal-oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, and corporate setting
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at one time to successful completion
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Desire and proven ability to generate results
- Passion for developing and maintaining systems and processes
- Real-time communicator (oral and written)
- Project management, analytical skills, and exceptional organization
- Solid in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, P & L preparation and analysis, forecasting, etc.