Reaching your career goals starts here.
Back to all job lists
Back to all job lists
Location: Linden NJ
Our client, a distribution company is looking to hire an experienced and reliable Warehouse Manager to oversee and regulate the entire warehouse activities of the company to enhance business development and ensure the sustainability of the warehousing and distribution operations.
The ideal candidate must possess expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices to implement quality production to ensure warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
- Strategically manage and supervise day to day activities of the warehouse including shipping, receiving, inventory, order pickers, returns, logistics, route scheduling, etc
- Manage inventory control and reconcile with inventory storage system by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements by setting up a layout of daily operations to efficiently utilize warehouse activities
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short and long-term performance goals
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and actions plans while ensuring productivity, quality, and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- 5+ years proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager with expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Highly effective supervisory skills and reporting techniques to prepare warehouse data and updates
- Ability to closely and effectively work with the warehouse department to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Ability to be flexible to changing demands and challenges and must be able to practice initiative and attentiveness