Reaching your career goals starts here.
Our approach to recruitment puts you first. We focus on connecting you with employment opportunities that will maximize your skill set and align with your personal and professional goals. Whether you are an experienced professional or seeking to advance your skills and career experience.
Let’s start the next step of your career journey together. You can submit your resume or apply directly at your desired job below.
Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics
Location: Linden, NJ
Our client, a manufacturing company, is seeking a Director of logistics.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing strong leadership and supervising the day-to-day warehouse operations and organization, shipping and receiving functions, as well as the transportation scheduling in a safe and efficient manner.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all activities within the department including workforce hiring, training, and facilitating the movement of products into and out of the warehouse while maintaining high standards with respect to safety, productivity, quality, and on-time delivery.
This position is instrumental in meeting and exceeding customer’s expectations, while continuously identifying opportunities to streamline the workflow and gain efficiencies.
Other responsibilities are:
- Overseeing the transportation of products to customers
- Devising routes for shipments
- Coordinating drivers, vehicles, and loads for all direct shipments
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and training drivers
- Ensuring vehicle and driver logs and records are updated and in compliance with all DOT regulations and that all OSHA and Hazmat safety guidelines are followed
- Overseeing the upkeep and regular maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Scheduling and utilizing common carriers and UPS/FedEx as needed
- Overseeing warehouse management to ensure proper staffing and execution of warehouse organization, inventory management, picking and loading of deliveries
- 5 + years of previous applicable work experience
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to interact professionally with others and work independently
- Superior Computer skills
- Highly dependable