Reaching your career goals starts here.
Back to all job lists
Back to all job lists
Location: Lakewood, NJ
Our client, a product servicing company, is looking for an experienced and reliable Purchasing Associate to work under the Director of Purchasing to ensure the purchasing department and business operations run smoothly.
The ideal candidate must have procurement experience, excellent organizational skills, and a keen eye for detail. Inventory tracking, forecasting, vendor relationships, purchase order placement, and logistics will be the responsibility of the candidate.
- Carry out day-to-day tasks of inspecting newly purchased items, recording inventory, and importing important data such as price, distinction, and specification in the system
- Complete inventory checks, fill out and proofread order forms, conduct inspections of items, oversee shipping schedules
- Accurately and efficiently process purchase records and encode all new items of data that needs organizing and recording
- Ensures that entered data in the system is accurately aligned with the specifications and data of the item
- Monitor and review purchasing agreements with vendors, monitoring their performance, and renegotiating contracts
- Assist in determining the companies’ purchasing needs by performing inventory management, checking existing purchase orders, and evaluating market trends
- Organizing trips to merchandising events and making travel arrangements for the Purchasing Manager as required
- 2+ years experience as a Purchasing Associate/Assistant or in a similar position
- Familiarity with customary purchasing metrics, inventory control, basic accounting, and financial principles
- Excellent ability to quickly process and organize information, outstanding attention to detail skills, and ability to think analytically and autonomously
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with Suppliers, Vendors, or Wholesalers to get the best deals for the company
- Proficiency and efficiency with data management, processing, and recording data that needs organizing and encoding in the company’s system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, familiarity using Microsoft Office, Microsoft applications, Google Drive, supplier or third-party management software, etc.
- Demonstrated reliability to assist the team and a strong commitment to personal and organizational accountability