Reaching your career goals starts here.
Back to all job lists
Back to all job lists
Location: Linden NJ
Our client, a building supply company, is looking for a Financial Controller to join their team. The Financial Controller will be in charge of leading and managing the finance functions, as well as providing strategic financial direction and financial reporting.
The ideal candidate should be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data and is responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing reports, budgeting, forecasting, analytics, and conducting other tasks related to finance.
- To manage the preparation of the financial and management reporting, and various accounting processes of the company including AR (accounts receivables), AP (accounts payables), reports, reconciliation, transitions, and other tasks related to finance.
- Provide financial analysis on all data including expenses, budget, taxes, cash flow, receipts, and other financial dealings of the company
- Provide general bookkeeping of financial status information of the company and develop daily and monthly financial and statistical reports for management
- Handle all facets of Accounts Payable including matching invoices versus purchase orders, entering payables info, and preparing invoices to be paid
- Verify the accuracy of all recorded transactions and ensure they are entered and monitored correctly to maintain the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and as well as expenditure control
- 3+ years of work experience as a Financial Controller, Controller or similar role preferably in the same industry
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in accounting software knowledge, such as QuickBooks, and Spreadsheets, is required for budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and financial analysis
- Expertise in financial management, accounting principles, accounting fundamentals application, and collection regulations is required to ensure efficient and effective finance operations.
- Exceptional command of English for both verbal and written communication in order to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within the scope of responsibility, team, and/or matrix environment.
- Demonstrate compliance with regulatory guidance and understanding of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information of the organization