Reaching your career goals starts here.
Back to all job lists
Back to all job lists
Location: Monsey, NY
Our client, a public accounting firm, is seeking for a reliable Staff Accountant.
The ideal candidate will perform various accounting and financial duties including recording financial transactions, reviewing financial statements, evaluating accounting systems, calculating tax liability, and recommending accounting best practices, as well to support clients, managers, and other employees to create and maintain financial records and financial statements.
- Preparing, recording, and organizing financial transactions, financial statements, and journal entries to meet reporting deadlines and year-end close processes
- Balance and maintain accounting ledgers, prepare, verify, allocate, and post journal entries in accordance with GAAP standards
- Confirming tax liability by calculating, preparing, and filing tax returns for individuals and businesses after income, deductions, and credits have been determined
- Compiling and reviewing Implement accounting best practices for audit financial statements to ensure accuracy and tax compliance
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections by preparing and reviewing financial documents, reports, and statements.
- Performing monthly accounting tasks, including balance sheet reconciliations and month-end and year-end closures
- Ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 2+ years of working experience as an Accountant, Staff Accountant, or relevant role in accounting in a similar role (CPA is a plus)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills are required to process financial reports proficiently, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and financial analysis
- Superior knowledge of multiple accounting functions and principles, including finance, customer service, tax reconciliation, and staff management
- Proficiency with operating spreadsheets and accounting software for AR/PR processing, Bookkeeping software (Xero, Microsoft Teams, QuickBooks, Etc.), and other AP/AR applications
- Proven ability to accurately calculate numerical data, manage accounting figures, and validate financial records of cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to professionally communicate with internal/external clients