We see your potential, and we can help you find an employer that does too. Get matched to a job that maximizes your skill set and aligns with your personal goals without the hassle of sifting through thousands of postings, let us help you make your job search easy, by applying your resume or at your desired job below.
Location: Lakewood NJ
Wholesale and manufacturing company seeks an experienced buyer.
The buyer will be responsible for all purchasing activities. This will include finding and developing new supply sources as well as maintaining excellent relationships with current vendors and suppliers.
The candidate will also be responsible to monitor materials and supplies and to communicate with co-workers and supervisors in resolving process and product issues and to record information accurately.
- Purchase highest quality merchandise at lowest prices and in correct volume.
- Research suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and supplier’s reputation and history.
- Negotiate or renegotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Communicate with vendors regarding quotes for identified products and materials.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Review purchase orders and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Manage out of stock items; ensure proper communication throughout various departments.
- Work closely with forecast planners, sales, accounting and warehouse teams.
- Proactively seek vendor rebates, marketing dollars, growth incentives, etc.
- Monitor shipments to ensure timely arrival of goods and in event of a problem, trace shipments and follow up on undelivered items.
- Record goods ordered and received; assist with account payable reconciliation.
- Prepare reports and correspondence as necessary.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- 3+ years of experience as a buyer.
- Experience with buying and sourcing in China
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify key data and trends.
- Outstanding communication abilities.
- Superior organizational skills with strong detail orientation and accuracy.
- Capacity to adapt to changes in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Identify and solve problems quickly.
- Gather and analyze information clearly.
- Speak assertively and calmly in all situations.
- Make timely decisions with sound and accurate judgment.
- Prioritize work activities and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines in a team oriented environment.
- Negotiate with suppliers and help identify cost saving methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.