Reaching your career goals starts here.
Our approach to recruitment puts you first. We focus on connecting you with employment opportunities that will maximize your skill set and align with your personal and professional goals. Whether you are an experienced professional or seeking to advance your skills and career experience.
Let’s start the next step of your career journey together. You can submit your resume or apply directly at your desired job below.
International Freight Department Manager
International Freight Department Manager
Location: Queens, NY
Our client, a freight forwarding company, is seeking an International Freight Department Manager
The candidate is responsible for ensuring all facets of freight monitoring and delivery are performed accurately and timely. He or she will communicate and resolve anomalies in the tracking of freight and provide support, guidance, and direction to all team members while continuously reviewing and working to improve processes. The International Freight Manager is accountable for the overall operation of the freight team.
The successful candidate will provide support and direction for all team members and ensure that process and procedure guidelines are followed daily.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing and overseeing the overall operation of the Freight Specialist team to ensure timely arrival and delivery of goods, communicating and resolving anomalies in the tracking of freight, and validating shipment information for the Customs Entry team; monitoring yard capacities and market conditions.
- Resolving inventory discrepancies or receipt of damaged goods.
- Providing support in updating and reviewing the product receipt procedure, ensuring it is within the guidelines established by U.S. Customs, and communicating issues regarding the receipt of goods – labeling, stacking, equipment conditions with overseas suppliers.
- Preparing for and assisting with contract negotiations; receiving, proofing, and processing contract amendments from ocean carriers and retaining contract information with corporate filing and within the department; ensuring internal systems are updated with the most recent contract and/or amendment information.
- Assigning carriers to vendors based on negotiated contracts as well as volume and demand.
- Analyzing carrier performance according to ocean freight carrier contract information and ensuring we are meeting contract requirements while maintaining competitive freight costs. Making recommendations for resolving space issues for the vendor base.
- Preparing, analyzing, and sending monthly forecasts to the ocean carrier contacts.
- Assisting international warehouse with shipments and warehouse issues. Monitoring international warehouse shipping and receiving information. Providing support for carrier relations as needed.
- Reviewing claims filed with transportation partners where denial or less than an acceptable offer has been received and negotiating a better offer.
- Staying abreast of global market conditions that may affect the overall movement of freight.
- Maintaining and retaining international correspondence in accordance with established U.S. Customs requirements.
- Continually driving departmental goals by analyzing daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor and manage departmental processes to help ensure process guidelines are followed, customers' needs are met, and/or issue resolution is timely. Developing strategies for achieving targeted measures; making decisions and solving problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to optimize customer service and satisfaction.
- Collaborating with departmental managers to identify areas of improvement, generating and implementing ideas; working together to ensure all International Logistics & Customers Support activities are coordinated as an integrated whole.
- 3 years in a business/office environment with experience in import logistics and/or transportation
- Advanced understanding of import logistics and international transportation
- Advanced understanding of supply chain systems/management
- Basic understanding of customs regulations and requirements
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, decision-making, and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced business with frequent and rapid priority changes
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral, action and results-oriented, flexible, team player and motivator who brings a global and forward-thinking approach to the role