We see your potential, and we can help you find an employer that does too. Get matched to a job that maximizes your skill set and aligns with your personal goals without the hassle of sifting through thousands of postings, let us help you make your job search easy, by applying your resume or at your desired job below.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Our client, a financial service-based company, is seeking a dedicated tax professional to join their team.
The right candidate should have excellent technical skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Utilizing technical knowledge and skills to submit self-reviewed work which requires few changes to be made by the manager
- Scheduling projects/engagements based on priorities, due dates, etc. and completing them on time, avoiding last-minute rush jobs
- Overseeing, supervising, and monitoring the work of the staff assistants on your team by providing on-the-job training and feedback on their work, as well as ensuring that each project is completed accurately and within budget
- Controlling the fieldwork on engagements, making sure that it gets done correctly, within budget, and on time. This begins with planning the engagements, writing the engagement letter, establishing a detailed budget, and ending with the completion of the work papers and final product, with possible involvement in drafting the bill
- Developing meaningful contact with clients and gaining their confidence
- Participating in the firm’s business development activities by identifying leads for managers and partners to closely pursue
- Identifying expanded service opportunities for existing clients and actively participating in networking, such as with community and professional organizations
- Adhering to and communicating firm policies and procedures
- Performing other job-related duties as required
- 4+ years’ experience in a public accounting firm
- Ability to manage multiple high-demand projects at once while completing each client’s engagement within budget
- Excellent technical skills across a broad range of accounting and tax issues
- The capability to supervise one or more staff assistants as necessary
- Top-notch professionalism both with staff and with clients in high-pressure situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and Accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great teamwork attitude
- Impeccable analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to multi-task
- Ability to work well with senior management team